Buluan Falls, Datu Salumay


Buluan Falls, Datu Salumay

Our original plan for the day after our Mt. Nangalid climb was the Cascading Falls of Arakan, North Cotabato. It was just after our climb that our guide offered us the Buluan Falls just an hour trek away from Mt.Nangalid. It was so hot that time that we decided to check the falls and dip for a little then we'll go to Cascading Falls. 
To be honest, I've seen pictures of Buluan Falls on Google and I don't like it coz it looks like it's not tall, not worthy for a dip. But when I saw the waterfalls, immediately I considered it as one of my favorites! Hahaha!


The trek to Buluan Falls isn't that hard. It's just another loooooong walk at the park (well, this my kind of park hehehe). 




After how many minutes, the wide unpaved road became narrower. 

What I always do every time I trek is I create my own TrailMarks. In that way, if we'll do a backtrail, I would know how far we are on the trail. Hahaha! It will ease my tiredness every time I see my trailmarks as we go back. 




So here's my trailmarks so far: Durian - Squash - Orchids. 
Yes, there are wild orchids along the trail. 



After an hour of trek, finally we've met Buluan Falls!

As what I've mentioned earlier, just seeing pictures of Buluan Falls on Google made me dislike it. But when I saw it, wow as in wow! It's verrryyy tall! And it has 3-4 Tiers!


I don't know if you can see our guide climbing through the rockies of the Falls. 


While others are resting, I tried to explore the place. I climbed through the rockies also to check the top part of the falls. 



Look how small the others are below us!


By this view, we've decided not to go to Cascading Falls anymore. We'll rest here and enjoy Buluan Falls instead. Well, I must say, they'll take some time to rest, while I explore the tiers. Hahaha!

Our guide invited me to check the next tier. 


Same with the First Tier, we need to climb through some rockies before we can see the second tier. 


Look at me slowly going down (using my butt hahaha) 




So this is the second tier of Buluan Falls. 




As per our guide, he was able to explore until the third tier of the falls before. He wanted us to go down further. I hesitated, this time. I got scared. And it seems like it's already a long way back if we'll go down to check the other tiers. But one thing is for sure, if given a chance to go back, I will explore all the tiers of Buluan Falls.


Thank you to Pao Pao ng Salumay for being our guide here. 

#BuluanFalls #DatuSalumay #Marilog #BuDa
#TravelBudDear

No comments:

Post a Comment